Quick Cheese Bread ingredients
Makes one loaf2 cups biscuit baking mix
1.5 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided use (see Notes below)
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter, diced (see Notes below)
Additional butter, softened
Quick Cheese Bread DirectionsGet ready
Assemble ingredients and equipment. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Grease well one (9- x 5-inch) loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the baking mix and one cup of the cheese.
Whisk eggs with milk and then, mix well with dry ingredients.
Turn batter out into the prepared loaf pan. Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Bake in preheated oven forty-five (45) minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
Quick Cheese Bread Notes
- Pick your favorite Cheddar, or use a variety of Cheddar cheeses.
- Using a complementary compound butter will add another layer of flavor. One example of a commercial product is Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter.
- Try using one of these homemade compound butters: Alton Brown's Herb Compound Butter, BBQ Butter or Browned Sage Butter.
- Lisa says this bread reheats well in the microwave.
- Slightly adapts Lisa Ashton's Quick Cheddar Bread recipe submitted to Christmas Kitchen (Delaware, OH: Gooseberry Patch, 2008), 23.
You might like