Photo credit (see Notes)
Taco Bites ingredients
Estimated, Makes about 32-piecesBase
One (10-oz) bag Frito-Lay Scoops! Tortilla Chips
1-lb lean ground round, seasoned, browned and drained, about 2 cups (or use comparable amount diced grilled chicken, seasoned)
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed and seasoned
1 ear golden corn, roasted and removed from cob (see Notes)
1 cup shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese (see Notes)
Sour cream, about (1 cup/8-oz)
1.5 to 2 cups guacamole (see Notes)
Salsa or diced grape tomatoes, about (1 cup/8-oz)
Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Taco Bites DirectionsGet ready
Assemble all equipment and ingredients.
Prepare Base and Fillings
Place Scoops! Tortilla Chips on a large serving platter.
Using a small spoon, fill the bottom of each with about one teaspoon of the cooked seasoned ground round (or grilled chicken, if using).
Heat the black beans and then, combine with the warm roasted corn. Using a slotted spoon, add a portion of this mixture over the ground round (or grilled chicken, if using).
Sprinkle over the cheese (see Notes).
Add Toppings and serve
Add dollops of selected Toppings in this order:
- Sour cream
- Salsa or diced grape tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Taco Bites Notes
- According to vendor's Nutrition Info, the 10-oz bag contains 130 pieces and the 14.5-oz "party size" bag contains about 195 pieces.
- Substitute fresh corn with one (16-oz) package frozen corn and roast.
- Placed over the warm protein (beef or chicken) or black bean and roasted corn mixture, the cheese melts. As shown in photo above, the cheese is used more as a garnish near the top, Assemble according to your preference.
- If preparing fresh guacamole, one (1) large or two (2) small ripe Mexican Hass avocados, halved and pitted should be sufficient.
- Adapts recipe via Kroger Inspired Gathering.
You might like
Fay's Taco Salad
Linda's Taco Dip
Tracy's Taco Salad Layered Dip
Appetizers, Finger Foods
Page Last Modified 15 July 2016