We credit known sources when using or adapting others' recipes. On this blog, we communicate source information in a standardized format, generally using two or more of the following:
- Text below the recipe (view example)
- A bibliography
- Labels or tags for some general classes such as Card File, Chefs, Cookbook: JL (abbreviating Junior League publications), other Cookbook: Local, Cookbook: Magazine: CLight (abbreviating Cooking Light),
- A web album with cookbook images
- A cookbook image, in some cases, is placed above the recipe title (view example)
- Without publishing members' names
On related web sites, the location might be different.
In our collections, a missing citation typically occurs because the paper copy did not contain the recipe's source, and we do not know it or recall it. Some recipes were written or clipped decades ago, perhaps handed down to our contributor, and we just don't have any other clues.
If we don't have the recipe source now, we will endeavor to
- Continue including any information we have (view example) and
- Beginning today (January 28, 2013), we will tag the post "Locate"
- If page(s) are not identified, we will tag the post "page#"
- Beginning December 1, 2014, and after reasonable efforts failed to find missing information, we will tag those posts Unknown Source
We are updating our posts. Please comment on the appropriate post(s) if you know the original source of any of these recipes or are able to identify these missing cookbook pages. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance. To be notified of replies, please click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form.
For more project updates, click here.